Surveying Firms

Firm Registration

Firm/business entities that offers land surveying services to the public must register with the Board. A surveying firm/business is also required to employ an RPLS full-time in order to offer such services.

Application Process

The following documents are required to register your firm/business entity.

Surveying Firm Registration

Please complete this form and pay the required fee to obtain the Certificate of Registration. PLEASE PRINT NEATLY

Surveying Firm Registration Form

Surveying Firm Branch Offices

If your currently registered firm needs to add a branch office to its record, please complete and submit a Surveying Branch Form to our Licensing department at There is no fee to register a branch office.

Surveying Branch Form


A Firm is required to renew its registration and pay the designated fee prior to January 1 of each year to offer land surveying services in the next year. If a firm does not renew prior to January 1 of each year, the firm’s registration will be deemed expired. Any surveying services offered without a valid renewed registration is in violation of the Professional Land Surveying Practices Act and subject to sanctions and penalty fees provided for under the Act or as promulgated by the Board.

Online Renewal System

Change of Information Notice: Firms / Branch Offices

Please complete the box at the top of the page and all sections relevant to the reported change. If a section of this form is not relevant to the reported change, please leave the section blank. Please check the box to the left of the information you would like listed on the roster. This information will be made available to the public and will be the information needed when using the online services. If information is not checked to be provided on the roster, PELS staff will choose the information at their discretion.

*PLEASE NOTE: Email addresses are confidential and will not be released to the public.

A separate form must be submitted for every registration number being affected by the reported change. This form can be submitted via email, fax, or mail.

Change of Information Form

Firm Closure

If you choose to close your firm, please complete the closure form and return to our office.  This form can be submitted via email, fax, or mail.

Closure Form